The Mid Coast–Parkview Health 2020 Vision Transforming Healthcare: Charting the Course for the Future
In order to meet the growing challenge of providing high-quality healthcare and excellent service, Mid Coast–Parkview Health has charted a course with greater emphasis on wellness and prevention, while continuing to keep costs down by increasing efficiency. The Mid Coast–Parkview Health 2020 Vision is a roadmap for delivering accessible, cost-effective, regional healthcare throughout the coming decade.
"We have prepared a vision for the future that will allow the community to continue to access exceptional healthcare close to home. Our industry must face challenges head on. Now is the time for a major shift and a new vision. The work that has gone into this effort has been so substantial and thoughtful. Our team is confident that this new direction will serve the community well into the future."
– Lois Skillings, President and CEO of Mid Coast–Parkview Health
An overview of the vision, which will guide healthcare in the region for the next decade, calls for Mid Coast–Parkview Health to continue its leadership, to transform healthcare for the 18 communities it serves, and to focus on becoming:
In the process of developing the 2020 Vision, Mid Coast–Parkview Health listened and learned from the community - patients and families, the faith community, municipal leaders, legislators and local businesses. They also looked inward, calling upon their employees, medical staff, hospital volunteers, auxiliary, board members, and corporators for guidance. The result of this community dialog is a solid, innovative vision, of which all participants can be very proud.
- An organization that not only takes care of patients when they become sick, but also takes responsibility for the health and well-being of the community.
- An organization that is easy to access and navigate and is committed to surpassing expectations.
- An organization that uses a team approach to managing the quality and cost of healthcare across all settings, engaging the patient, employers, and healthcare team in the process.
- An organization that continuously measures and improves everything it does and engineers safety, technology, evidence, and reliability into its clinical practices to achieve superior outcomes.
- And an organization that actively engages with the community to plan for and meet changing needs, and provides a first place to turn for high-quality healthcare, close to home.
This project was funded in part with a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.